December 19, 2011
Added translated “General Overview” content in a variety of languages.
December 16, 2011
- Minor revision 11 added an option to define the caching tolerance for cached responses to balance response time and accuracy for hotel list requests.
- Minor revision 12 added the ability to request options for hotel information in room availability requests, eliminating the need for two separate requests.
- New customer self-service support site code added.
- Use the Developer Hub SIG Generator to compare your own digital signature to the one created by the tool.
November 11, 2011
New item now available in
minorRev=10: a nonRefundable flag has been added to the hotel availability result
October 18, 2011
New items now available in
maxTripAdvisorRatingto the hotel list search.
TRIP_ADVISORas a new
tripAdvisorRatingto the room and itinerary results
tripAdvisorRatingUrlto the list, room and info results
ratePlanTypeto Itinerary results
September 28, 2011
- An update of the digital signature is going into Version 3 production on September 28 , 2011.
- Anyone using the digital signature process for authentication will require that the sig be 32 characters long which will prevent issues in authentication that have been experienced by some.
September 19, 2011
- Two new search filters have been added to the hotel search list: minRate and maxRate.
- Refer to the Version 3 Hotel List Request for more details.
September 2, 2011
August 17, 2011
- New Payment Type Added: Review the valid Credit Card Types page for details on the newly added BC Card.
- The BC Card will return in the Payment Types Response when valid for the currency and locale submitted.
August 9, 2011
New Developer Hub Content:
July 13, 2011
A special revision is going into Version 3 production on July 13, 2011 to handle compilation errors of the ErrorAttributes class for some versions of WSDL2Java.
- SOAP applications will need to be updated at that time to handle this change to the schema.
- All other applications will need to recognize the element name change.
errorAttributeswill be changed to
minRev 7 and higher:
- Revised schema removes RateInfo and replaces it with RateInfos. Each RateInfos node includes an array of RateInfo. Each RateInfo also includes reiterated RoomGroup values from the request.
- Added ServerInfo object to Error Response and Ping Response. The included timestamp can be used to resolve time sync errors with signature authorization requests.
May 7, 2011
API Access Requests to Legacy APIs are no longer honored.
Hotel 200631 API: With the launch of the New Hotel Version 3, new sign up access is no longer available on Hotels 200631. Start updating all Hotel APIs NOW to the new Version 3 to take advantage of all new enhancements. Hotel 200631 will be removed in the coming months, so timely migration to Version 3 is critical for all current partners. Once an exact date has been set for removal, it will be announced in the Developer Hub and through our upcoming newsletters.
To start migrating your application to the new Version 3 NOW, review the Getting Started section and follow the appropriate sign up instructions for instant access to the new API.
May 6, 2011
Launch of the new Hotels Version 3 API.
May 5, 2011
- Review the newly added elements in
RateInfonodes to satisfy NY state local tax law requirements.
- Break out
hotelOccupancyTaxvalues in pricing displays especially for NY state properties as the sum of a single line item.
- Refer to the
RateInfoinformation in each hotel response outline where rates are returned and Expedia Collect Launch Requirements for examples in displaying these values.
- In some cases, a minor revision number may need to be updated to receive the data in responses.
March 31, 2011
Solo is no longer a valid card type and will not be accepted for any payments. Remove this payment type from all code. Solo will no longer be returned in the Payment Types Request by April 7.
March 15, 2011
EAN migrates API traffic through alternate routes which allows us to take advantage of performance enhancements and future system improvements. This means that there is not a set IP address for our API. For most all API affiliates, this means nothing more than business as usual and this change is seamless with no action required. If you rely on IPs in requests or firewalls, action is required to prevent failures.
- Note that the use of IP addresses in API requests is NOT recommended and is not necessary. All requests MUST be made with the recommended URL endpoint as outlined in the documentation. IP based firewall restrictions are NOT recommended since you will not be able to take advantage of any forthcoming benefits.
March 13, 2011
Maestro and Switch UK payment types no longer require start date or issue date when submitting payment.
March 3, 2011
Soft launch of new API endpoint.
Change all API request endpoints from
api.ean.com for the best performance.
Point non-secure requests to
Point secure booking requests to