EAN will be discontinuing support of the SOAP protocol on November 30th, 2015. If your integration uses SOAP, please begin upgrading to REST as soon as possible. See our SOAP to REST migration guide for details on required changes.
Available API Products
Since the API is a method to give more control over the design of the data, we don’t create API templates outside of the Private Label solution since this defeats the purpose of using a “raw” data interface or XML based API.
- You have full control over how you wish your pages to be designed with your own branding and we offer these programs solely for this purpose.
When you use the EAN APIs, you are fully responsible for your own application:
- This means that all programming you receive for free by using the Private Label template must be done yourself.
- All user interaction, logic, error handling, and user experience controls must be programmed into your own application.
- You are responsible for all of your own programming, debugging and data accuracy.
Any products NOT listed above are not available. All available API products are outlined.
Expedia/Hotels.com/Travelnow/EAN: How do they all fit together?
- Expedia.com is the website brand.
- Hotels.com is another brand owned by Expedia® which operates on its own technology.
- Travelnow.com is also its own brand owned by Expedia and is the technology that powers EAN affiliate operations, including the use of an affiliate template system as well as API services.
EAN operates independently of Expedia® (as does Hotels.com) and is a separate technology system accessing Expedia® hotel inventory as a product for affiliates to sell within their own systems. EAN affiliates cannot connect to Expedia® or Hotels.com and must operate within the EAN technology system in its entirety in order to track sales and earn commissions.